1999-2004 Mustang Stiletto Race K-Member Kit. This kit works well for a variety of small block applications. Offers great header clearance and in most cases allows for pan removal. Unlike the front tube Stiletto this K-Member does not require any extra mounting locations other than stock. Fits all applications best when motor is tight to firewall "This is Important". Lowered crank center-line is possible with this K-Member as well. K-Member can be painted on request only. We suggest painting locally after fit is assured, because of the variety of pans and oil pump configurations.
The a-arms in this kit utilize our segmented spacers. This allows adjustment from the stock location or 1/2" to 1" forward from stock. The 6061 aluminum spacers are anodized black and work with 5/8" rod ends and 1/2" hardware (Stiletto K-Member Packages only).
Applications that allow you to pull the pan
Small Block Chevy - LS1: Wet or Dry Sump / All
Big Block Chevy: Wet or Dry Sump / Most
Small Block Ford: Dry Sump / Only
Big Block Ford: NOT SUGGESTED
This package has also been used on some Procharger Small Block combinations
Stock ride height cannot be accomplished with this kit. This kit is specifically designed to be all out enhanced suspension kit to accommodate and accomplish specific characteristics. Meaning you must be at the correct ride height.
This list of items gives you what must be considered before you buy
1. If you are utilizing our 3279TST - 79-04 Mustang Turbo K-Member: The 2 support tubes on either side have been sent loose and MUST BE INSTALLED after exhaust plumbing has been fabricated. SIDE BRACE TUBES MUST BE INSTALLED! ITS NOT AN OPTION! The reason these are sent loose are, because in most turbo applications the side brace tubes cannot run straight like our Front Tube K-member. The side brace tubes most likely will need to be bent outward to accommodate turbo plumbing. In ALL applications the two side brace tubes are a necessity straight or bent and should both meet together on the lower side tube, just ahead of the front a-arm tab! (Reference Front Tube Stiletto K-Member)
2. Bottom edge of pinch weld front of rocker panel must be an optimum height of 4-5 off the ground, 5 ½ maximum with a 26 tall tire.
3. Wheel/tire centerline must be moved forward 1 from the stock or centerline of front wheel well. A-arm spacer kit helps accomplish this.
4. Must achieve at least 7 degrees of caster angle measuring through the centerline of the upper and lower pivot locations.
5. Should be set up to 0 degree camber angle
6. Must run some type of travel limiter to limit the extension travel to no more than 2 of drop out or extension from ride height.
7. The tow and bumpsteer adjustment must be maintained within 1/16 through out the 2 of travel listed above in #5
8. With the car at ride height measure and set the tow at 1/8 narrower at the front of the tire than at the back. After making any tow adjustments and before measuring tow adjustment, roll the car back and forth 10-15 feet 2 or 3 times and always finishing rolling forward. Then you can take your measurement with a pair of tow plates.
9. Must make sure that all rod ends are clocked to prevent binding through out travel range. (Tie Rods A-arms)
Benefits of this kit
Less than 100 lbs for entire front kit
Designed to accommodate low ride heights
Allows full oil pan access in most applications
Offers the most engine bay and header clearance
"Ultra Lites" 4130 2" Drop Spindles-300116 (Click HERE for Product Info.) Weight: 10.8 lbs (Pair)
79-04 Mustang Rod End A-Arms-3213TA00 (Click HERE for Product Info.) Weight: 10.0 lbs (Pair)
Stiletto Rack and Pinion-333106 (Click HERE for Product Info.) Weight: 5.4 lbs
Racecraft Inc. Light Weight Tie Rod Kit-333191 (Click HERE for Product Info.) Weight: 2.2 lbs
Stiletto Rack Adaptor -333160-D (Click HERE for Product Info.) Weight: .4 lbs
79-04 Mustang Race K-Member Bolt Kit-BK3370 (Click HERE for Product Info.)
Stiletto Rack Bolt Kit-BK8000 (Click HERE for Product Info.) Weight: .4 lbs
Segmented Spacer Kit-BU7000 (Click HERE for Product Info.) Weight: .4 lbs
Total Standard Kit Weight w/ hardware: 51.5 lbs
**CHOOSE K-MEMBER BELOW**
This K-member is not available with motor mounts it must be used in conjunction with a motor plate.
On all Ultra Lite spindle packages 5 x 4 Ύ and 5 x 4 ½ bolt pattern available when fitted with strange and aerospace brakes.
If you are using spindle mount brakes you must have spindle mount wheels, Anglia Wheels will not work.